Sunday, March 7, 2010

:: Changes to the blog ::

I had a LA blog for ACE last year too, so here is a table of some of the changes that I made.





1.I removed most of the widgets from my blog, apart from the mandatory Hit Counter and the Followers area. This reduces distractions, allowing readers to focus on the content.
2.I've also changed the blogskin. This one is simpler, yet more elegant than the previous one, which had a navy blue background and a near-psychedelic array of coloured circles. The new colour scheme is easier on the eyes, as it makes use of lighter colours. Like the previous change, it also enables readers to focus on my posts.
3.In addition, I took away the mini message board. This was because some inconsiderate individuals were posting pointless and/or defamatory messages (otherwise known as spam or flaming) on it. While this removes a medium of communication between readers and I, it is better for them to post feedback through commenting on my posts. The process of posting a comment is more complicated than posting on the mini message board, discouraging spammers. Also, I can delete any unsuitable comments.


So, do you like the new blog? Comment to tell me how you feel!

No comments:

Post a Comment